Fireworks on the Fourth of July are a tradition Americans have enjoyed for years, and they can be found all over the country, including Virginia Beach, VA. But with so many in the area to choose from, it can be tough to figure out which fireworks display you should attend. So to make your decision easier, Cavalier Ford Greenbrier has listed some of the best places to see Fourth of July fireworks in Virginia Beach, VA.
Virginia Beach Celebrations
Virginia Beach, VA, has a premier location for summer events, including Fourth of July fireworks. From the beachfront to the parks, watching the sky light up is breathtaking, beautiful, and fun. This year, there will be two Independence Day events to consider when planning your weekend calendar.
- The July 4th Celebration at Mount Trashmore is from 4 to 10 pm at Mount Trashmore Park. The event will have live music and food in addition to fireworks. It’s free to attend, but it will cost $5 for parking.
- The Stars and Stripes Explosion at the Virginia Beach Boardwalk is an all-day free event that will feature tribute bands, the Symphonicity orchestra, and more. With the entertainment provided at this event, you can also enjoy the many attractions on the boardwalk and waterfront.
Surrounding Area Celebrations
In the surrounding towns, Fourth of July celebrations and fireworks will also occur. A few events you and your family will enjoy include the following:
- AT&T Fourth of July Great American Picnic and Fireworks in Norfolk, VA, will be held from 5 to 10 pm. Hot dogs, hamburgers, barbeques, and more will be offered. For entertainment, local artists are set to perform throughout Downtown Norfolk. Fireworks will be set off around 9:30 pm.
- 35th Annual South Norfolk Parade & Picnic in the Park in Chesapeake, VA, will take place from 10 am to 4 pm. While there are no fireworks with this event, families will still be able to enjoy an afternoon of fun. Food, games, and paddleboat rides will be offered. Plus there will be a parade and a wide array of entertainment. Like the others mentioned, this celebration is free.
Tips to Keep in Mind
The Fourth of July celebrations in Virginia Beach, VA, and the surrounding towns are immensely popular, which means numerous people come out to celebrate. So to ensure that you and your family have a great time watching the fireworks, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Get there early to snag an ideal viewing spot.
- Drive carefully in parking lots to avoid accidents.
- Assign a designated driver if you plan to drink.
- Avoid intoxication by spacing out your drinks.
- Stay hydrated if it’s hot to avoid health problems
When you live in Virginia Beach, VA, seeing fireworks and celebrating the freedom of our country is fun and easy with all of the festivities taking place. So if you need to fill up your Independence Day itinerary, make sure you consider any of these celebrations.
For more information or to find a brand-new car to take to your Fourth of July parties, call Cavalier Ford Greenbrier in Chesapeake, VA, at 877-735-6208 or stop by our location at 1515 South Military Highway today!